Not all organizations have real estate needs that can be met by existing properties. In these cases, buildings constructed to address specific tenant requirements can offer the best alternative. Built-to-suit/design build premises may be either owned or leased.
However, before embarking upon a built-to-suit project, a multitude of factors should be considered. These include legal, fiscal and financial matters, as well as issues concerning everything from design and construction to scheduling and municipal approvals. Mistakes can be costly and severely hinder a company's operations.
NKF Devencore has a proven track record in planning and overseeing built-to-suit projects. Our multi-disciplinary team of professionals will work with you to:
- Determine current and future real estate needs
- Define building specifications
- Identify the best site alternatives, based on location, amenities, and requirements
- Analyze the range of available financing scenarios and vehicles
- Identify and select the professionals, developers, general contractors and financial institutions that will participate in the project
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of work agreements, long-term lease or joint venture agreements and financing agreements